Steve Parker founded a one-person public relations consultancy at age 26. His entrepreneurial career and commitment to community are highlighted here.
· Chair, CCL Group Inc.
· Chair, Rosemount Holdings Ltd.
· Stanfield’s Limited
· Heritage Gas Limited
· Waterstone Human Capital Advisory Board
· SMB Island Holdings Limited
· Chair, Nova Scotia Health Authority
· Chair, Nova Scotia Resources Limited
· Chair, Medavie Blue Cross
· Chair, Medavie EMS
· Blue Cross Life Insurance Company of Canada
· Chair, Young Presidents’ Organization Atlantic (YPO)
· Chair, Halifax Metro United Way Campaign
· President, Halifax Board of Trade
· Chair, IWK Grace Health Centre
· CD Howe Institute
· Canadian Chamber of Commerce
· Medavie Health Foundation
· Queen’s Gold Jubilee Medal
· YPO Legacy Award
· Junior Achievement Nova Scotia Business Hall of Fame
· Atlantic Canada Top 50 CEO Hall of Fame
· Two-Time Corporate Philanthropist of the Year (CCL Group)
Canadian Public Relations Society:
· Fellow & Honourary Life Member
· Novikoff Award for National Leadership in Public Relations
· National Shield of Service for Outstanding Contribution to Canada.
· United Way of Halifax Helen Cooper Award
· Certified Director, ICD.d